We are really pleased to announce our second Equanimity Camp weekend. This is a super chilled weekend giving you the chance to take a breath away from the everyday stress of life. This is not a festival or about retreating for the weekend. This is the chance for you to take a moment, re group yourself and enjoy the beautiful Salhouse broad… doing nothing… whilst doing something.
I’d encourage you to take the time to reflect on your habits and behaviours, understand what you no longer need to do, and maybe explore some that you want to adopt. Be that drink more water, meditate, or run once a week. We hope for you to leave the weekend with the feeling of wellness and focus.
Equanimity – calmness and composure, especially in a difficult situation.
How the weekend works?
It’s all about simplicity. You turn up, find a lovely spot to camp in the idyllic Salhouse Broad Campsite and start to unwind.
Over the weekend we will have various activities taking place from the Wood Fired Sauna from @Saunabox HQ, Sunset Paddles and event a Woodland Silent Disco. It’s your weekend, you can pick and choose what you want to do!
As well as the guided paddles we will host for sunrise and Sunset, you will also have the opportunity to just go out and explore the broad in your own time.
Bookings for the individual activities will be available to make prior to the event and details will be sent out in the next few weeks.
Some details about some of he less known activities we have on this weekend :
SOUND BATH – FACILITATED BY ‘SOUND TRIP’
Relax and retune…
You are invited to lie down and completely relax while the sounds and vibrations from the gong and other instruments take you on a journey of inner exploration.
“A sound bath is as scientifically sound as it is mysterious. It is as other-worldly as it is logical. It requires nothing but receptivity in order to be fully experienced, but it must be experienced in order to be understood” – Kaur
WOODLAND SILENT DISCO – LOKEE SILENT DISCO’S
A unique way of experiencing music. Unwind under the stars and move your body to the sound.
Many of you may be thinking to yourself, what is a silent disco?
A silent disco is when people are having a disco while listening to music through headphones. Usually at these events, two or three different channels will be active, so that people with different music tastes can choose which music channel they want to listen to.
Book to come alone or book with family and friends
These are just indications of how much it will cost per person for the weekend. Please select book now to add the amount of people to calculate your cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dates of the event
19th – 21st August 2022
What time can I arrive to the campsite
You can arrive from 12:00pm on Friday the 19th August.
When does the event start
The Gates will be open and you can arrive from Mid-day on Friday 19th August. Some of the activities will be open on the afternoon, however the event will officially open at 6pm on the Friday.
If you are thinking about taking the day off… I would if I could, arrive early and start to unwind and take in the beautiful broad.
This is relaxed, informal, back-to-basics camping, in a beautiful rural location but with limited facilities. In particular, please note:
- We are a tent only site, no campervans or caravans are permitted. 1 tent per pitch.
- We cannot accept ANY visitors on site. Only people booked to camp may be on the campsite at any time.
- Drinking water is available from a stand pipe in the camping field.
- There is no hot water, sinks, or showers on site.
- Toilet facilities are basic: there are chemical toilets at the campsite, or a toilet block at the car park. There is no facility to empty camping toilets.
- Due to limited car parking spaces, we can only allocate one car per booking. Additional car parking spaces can be booked in advance for an additional cost (see below).
- We operate a leave no trace policy. There are waste and recycling bins on site for your use, so please leave the campsite exactly as you find it, and take all your equipment home with you.
- Dogs are welcome across the whole site.
- You may bring your own BBQ (not disposable) or fire pit, but it must be raised off the ground.
- Salhouse Broad offers peace and tranquility. Therefore we do not allow amplified music.
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, well behaved dogs are no problem but they are your responsibility. If the dog has not paddled before… it’s probably not a good idea.
Are kids allowed.
For sure – well behaved and obviously your responsibility 🙂