You are booked to paddle
Our guided paddles are just a perfect excuse for you to come out for another paddle with our awesome instructors at another on of our beautiful paddle centres.
A session for those who have already SUP’ed before and just want some more practice… with the support of one of the crew. You know the basics so we will be on hand to remind you of them and help you build confidence
Before your session we need the below medical form completing. Keeping you and our other students safe is very important to us. If you have any questions regarding health and mobility, please let us know.
If you have already attended a session in the last 12 months and nothing has changed medically, you do not need to complete unless anything has changed
Some answers to your questions
What to wear in warmer weather?
Spring can be a temperamental yet beautiful season. Full of life and those bright green buds on trees with blossom and spring bulbs helping to brighten our days. however….. don’t be fooled. The sun has had little time to warm up our waters. The air maybe warm, but the river will be cold.
When paddle boarding there are quite a few choices from Wetsuits, Neoprene layers all the way up to Dry Suits.
If you feel you might be falling in a bit into cold water, we would suggest a wetsuit and we do have some to hire if need be. However, we are aiming for you not to fall in on our flat water leisure paddling lesson so we take a different view on this. Wetsuits were designed for ‘in water’ water sports and not designed to be ‘on top’ of the water. This therefore can cause paddle boarders to get over hot, sweaty or just feel uncomfortable.
Other options are;
- Neoprene or Quickdry Leggings/sports gear
- Neoprene / Thermal / Quick dry long or short sleeve tops with sun protection
- Neoprene Jacket, Windstopper Jacket, Quick Dry Jackets and Hoodies for when its got a bit chilly
- Neoprene boots or shoes / old trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
What to wear in colder weather?
The Water can be very cold even though it maybe sunny outside so remember that. Again the trick is layers you can remove and trying to keep the wind off any parts of you that get wet. Wind chill can be cold and uncomfortable.
You will be given a 30l dry bag to out any layers in you want to take with you on your lesson.
- Layers – Synthetic based tee’s/ hoodie/ jumpers
- 7mm wetsuit boots
- Short Sleeve Wetsuit (long John) or Neoprene Leggings
- Thermal / Wicking Top, this can be worn over or under your long john depending if you might want to remove it
- 2nd thermal or Neoprene top if you wish
- Neoprene Jacket or Windstopper Jacket
- An optional extras is Windstopper Trousers over your leggings
- Neoprene Beanie/warm hat
- Neoprene Glove or Mitts
What else to bring.
- Something to change into in case you get wet or warm clothes layers to put over you after you get out
- Suncream for those sunny days
- Sunglasses( please note we take no responsibility if you loose these or they fall off, so make sure they are secured to your person)
- Snacks for the journey home
- Towel ( Just in case)
This session is aimed at giving you plenty of practice. The session will predominately be on the water and we will see where the paddle takes us. This is a session for you so please make sure you let us know what you want to work on.
How long is the lesson?
The Lesson will last approx 1.5 hours with then a half hour paddle at the end giving you loads of time to practice. This will all be depending on how the weather is as well.
Are there changing facilites
We currently don’t have any changing facilities on site. There are toilets in the Pub however.
Want to record your adventure? download the Paddle Logger app.
All you have to do is, hit go and paddle.
What 3 Words is a great App to download before your adventure. This can be used to help the emergency services locate you if you get into trouble.
Every 3 metre square of the world has been given a unique combination of three words. Used for e-commerce and delivery, navigation, emergencies and more
Search your app store – What3Words – its Free