Norfolk Paddle Boards is more than a paddle company. It’s a place where people come to try something new, often push their boundaries and catapault them out of their comfort zones. Other people come for our regular social events and to be part of our growing community.
Working for Norfolk Paddle Boards is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! A Community of paddlers who look upon us to continually provide the very best equipment with the very best service on some of the most beautiful Rivers in the world.
Spend the season sharing your knowledge and passion of the incredibly popular new sport.
You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
You will help deliver safe, fun and engaging paddle sessions from lessons, guided paddles and also be part of some of our popular social events.
Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first ever session or helping someone celebrate their skills, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
Job Role : FREELANCE Paddle Board Instructor
We are looking to recruit freelance Paddle Instructors for our Norfolk Sites for this coming season
ALL APPLICANTS TO BE 18+
To apply, please email Lee with a CV or some information about yourself to;
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Deliver excellent paddle instruction
- Assist in the preparation, organisation, delivery and the running of activities for all guests both on and off the water
- Ensure safety cover is of the highest standard from all our locations you are based at for that day
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Norfolk Paddle Boards Equipment and the satisfactory appearance of our sites to ensure that they always meet guest expectations
- Be a key part of the team to make sure opening and end of day procedures are followed.
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different sites according to the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties and departments as requested by your manager
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- WSA Foundation Paddle Instructor
- British Canoe (BC) Level 2
- BSUPA Level 1 instructor (Desirable)
- Canoe Coach, Paddle sports Instructor Level 1 qualification or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative paddle sports sessions
- Skilled in safety and on water rescue techniques
- Knowledge of current paddlesports industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work on own initiative and follow verbal and written instructions
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
To Apply – please email Lee [email protected] with a brief description about yourself, a CV if you have one and contact details
What our customers say about us?
The Norfolk Paddleboards team prides itself in giving 5 star customer service at all times. Don’t just take it from us, read our reviews below.