Congratulations on booking your Sup’N’Sauna Session.
Delivered by Norfolk Paddle Boards and Sauna Box
We have put together some information we hope will answer your questions, however, if there is anything unanswered please just drop us a message.
The idea of this session is to enjoy the peaceful tranquility of the river and calmness of the water before heading back to the wood fired Sauna for some added relaxation.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
Sauna Questions – [email protected]
Paddle Questions – [email protected]
Some answers to your questions
What to wear in warmer weather?
Spring can be a temperamental yet beautiful season. Full of life and those bright green buds on trees with blossom and spring bulbs helping to brighten our days. however….. don’t be fooled. The sun has had little time to warm up our waters. The air maybe warm, but the river will be cold.
When paddle boarding there are quite a few choices from Wetsuits, Neoprene layers all the way up to Dry Suits.
If you feel you might be falling in a bit into cold water, we would suggest a wetsuit and we do have some to hire if need be. However, we are aiming for you not to fall in on our flat water leisure paddling lesson so we take a different view on this. Wetsuits were designed for ‘in water’ water sports and not designed to be ‘on top’ of the water. This therefore can cause paddle boarders to get over hot, sweaty or just feel uncomfortable.
Other options are;
- Neoprene or Quickdry Leggings/sports gear
- Neoprene / Thermal / Quick dry long or short sleeve tops with sun protection
- Neoprene Jacket, Windstopper Jacket, Quick Dry Jackets and Hoodies for when its got a bit chilly
- Neoprene boots or shoes / old trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
What to wear in colder weather?
The Water can be very cold even though it maybe sunny outside so remember that. Again the trick is layers you can remove and trying to keep the wind off any parts of you that get wet. Wind chill can be cold and uncomfortable.
You will be given a 30l dry bag to out any layers in you want to take with you on your lesson.
- Layers – Synthetic based tee’s/ hoodie/ jumpers
- 7mm wetsuit boots
- Short Sleeve Wetsuit (long John) or Neoprene Leggings
- Thermal / Wicking Top, this can be worn over or under your long john depending if you might want to remove it
- 2nd thermal or Neoprene top if you wish
- Neoprene Jacket or Windstopper Jacket
- An optional extras is Windstopper Trousers over your leggings
- Neoprene Beanie/warm hat
- Neoprene Glove or Mitts
What to wear for the Sauna
- 2 towels, one to sit on in the sauna, one to dry off with
- Suitable swimwear (preferably with no metal bits)
- Flip flops or sliders
- plenty of warm clothing, a waterproof and bobble hat – dry robe / changing robe if you have one
- water to drink
Are there changing facilites
We currently don’t have any changing facilities on site. There are toilets in the Pub however.
What else to bring.
- Something to change into in case you get wet or warm clothes layers to put over you after you get out
- Suncream for those sunny days
- Sunglasses( please note we take no responsibility if you loose these or they fall off, so make sure they are secured to your person)
- Snacks for the journey home
- Towel ( Just in case)
Want to record your adventure? download the Paddle Logger app.
All you have to do is, hit go and paddle.
What 3 Words is a great App to download before your adventure. This can be used to help the emergency services locate you if you get into trouble.
Every 3 metre square of the world has been given a unique combination of three words. Used for e-commerce and delivery, navigation, emergencies and more
Search your app store – What3Words – its Free